Winter seems to be full blown here in New York. While we try our best to stay warm and nourished, the chilly temps make it nearly impossible to not crave some warming comfort. While thinking of ways to use more turmeric in our lives, because we all want that, turmeric chai sounded like the perfect way to get all the benefits of the spices and the coziness of a warm cup of tea. This recipe from Savory Simple is ideal and easy to whip up for the coming winter months.
Recipe for one Chai Latte
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 shot fresh brewed espresso
- 1 cup milk or milk subsitute
- 1/4 teaspoon chai spice blend
- turmeric to taste
- Combine the cardamom, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Set aside.
- Steam and froth the milk (or simply heat it if you do not have a frother or espresso machine).
- Whisk together the espresso, steamed milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of the chai spice mixture.
- Spoon a bit of the foam on top.
- Sprinkle with turmeric and serve.