Cinco De Mayo is a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage so to get in the spirit we mixed up some Pineapple Turmeric Margaritas and a Pineapple Turmeric Salsa.
Here’s a video peek at all the fun we had in the kitchen making these bright treats with the recipes below.
Pineapple Turmeric Salsa
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup Temple Turmeric Turmeric Pineapple Elixir
- 1/2 jalepeno, minced (more or less to your taste and depending on the potency of your jalepeno)
- 4 springs cilantro, chopped
Stir it all up and let sit, covered and refrigerated for at least an hour before serving so all the flavors get intermingled and friendly.
Pineapple Turmeric Margaritas
- 4 oz tequila
- 1 oz orange liquor like Cointreau
- 4 oz Temple Turmeric Turmeric Pineapple Elixir
- 1 limes worth of juice
- Salted rim – optional
- Shake it all up and pour over more ice. (Blending is also totally an option depending on your marg preferences – use about 2 cups ice if blending for 2.)
- Pour into your favorite festive glasses with or without a salted rim.
- Garnish with a lime or pineapple wedge for more fun.
Whether it’s Cinco De Mayo, Taco Tuesday or just a hot day, you may want to go grab yourself a fresh pineapple and some tequila to have yourself a joyous afternoon cheersing to this always spectacular, amazing life. Breathe Deep and Enjoy the Journey.